1 tb Margarine, 1 1/4 c Onion, chopped, 1 1/4 c Celery, chopped,
2 tb Water, 1 1/4 ts Poultry Seasoning, 1 ts Rubbed Sage, 1/4 ts
Salt, 3 c White Bread (1/2 inch cubes), -about 6-11 slices, 2 1/2
c Chicken Broth, 1/3 c Parsley,finely chopped fresh, 1 Egg
for the SOUTHERN CORNBREAD
1 c Flour, 1/4 c Yellow Cornmeal, 2 ts Baking Powder, 2 ts Sugar,
1/8 ts Salt, 1 c Skim Milk, 2 tb Vegetable Oil, 1 Egg, beaten
- TO MAKE THE CORN BREAD:
Combine first 5 ingred. in a large bowl stir well.
- Combine milk,oil and egg add to flour mixture.. Stirring just
until dry ingred. are moistened
- Spoon batter into a 8 inch square baking pan. coated with cooking
- Bake at 425 for 20 min. or until center comes out clean.
- When corn bread is done cool on wire rack and crumble corn bread
and set aside until ready to mix with the move ingred.
- Melt margarine in large skillet over medium heat add onion,
celery and water and cover.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook 15 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat stir in poultry seasoning, sage, salt and white
- Combine crumbled corn bread, onion and bread mixture, chicken
broth, parsley and egg in a bowl and stir well.
- Spoon mixture into a 2-qt casserole coated with vegetable non-stick
- Bake uncovered at 325 for 35 min.