RECIPE TITLE "Cumin-Scented Corn and Red Pepper Saute" Author:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil,
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter,
- 2 red
bell peppers -- diced in pieces, (slightly larger than a corn kernel),
- 1 small onion -- diced in pieces, (slightly larger than a corn kernel),
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin,
- Salt and black pepper -- to taste,
- 4 cups
frozen corn kernels -- thawed,
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large (12-inch) saute pan over medium heat, heat the oil
- Add the diced bell pepper and onion and cook until the bell
pepper has softened and the onion is beginning to brown lightly,
about 8 minutes.
- Add the cumin and salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring,
for 1 minute.
- Add the corn and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the corn is heated
- Remove from heat, mix in the cilantro and serve.