RECIPE TITLE "Glazed Fall Vegetables" Author: Recipes.it
4 servings --easy
- 2 sweet potatoes -- cut into 1/2" slices,
- 1 white potato --
cut into 1/2" slices,
- 3 carrots -- cut into 1/2" slices,
- 1 yellow onion -- cut into 1/2" rings,
- 1 acorn squash, halved,
seeded, peeled & each half cut into thirds,
- 1/2 cup packed brown
- 1/4 cup maple syrup,
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract,
- 1 teaspoon
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine -- cut into 8 pieces,
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place the sweet and white potatoes,
carrot s, onion, and squash in a bowl.
- Add brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Turn into a rectangular glass baking dish. Scatter the butter
or margarine pieces over the top. Pour the water into the baking
dish. Cover tightly with foil and bake 45 minutes. Remove foil
and stir vegetables. Continue
baking uncovered for about 15 minutes until vegetables are softened
to taste and lightly browned.