RECIPE TITLE "Sausage and Potato Coddle" Author: Coupons.com
- 1/2pound thick-sliced bacon, cut in 2" pieces
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 4 large potatoes, (2 pounds)
- salt and
pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups water
- In skillet, cook the bacon pieces until golden, then drain on
- Brown sausages (prick in several places with fork) in bacon
fat; drain on paper towels and slice into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Peel and slice potatoes about 1/4-inch thick. In a casserole
dish, alternate layers of bacon, sausage, onion, and potato, seasoning
the potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle each layer with a little parsley.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of fat from the skillet.
- Add water and bring to the boil. Pour over the potato casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove the cover and cook an additional 15 minutes, until the
top is browned and potatoes are tender.
© 1997-2009 IM, All rights Res. | Privacy | | | Home