RECIPE TITLE "Almond and Honey Chicken" Author: EthnicGrocer
serves 6 to 8
30 mins + 1 hrs easy
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Ginger, grated
- to taste Sea salt, coarse
- 1 Chicken, whole, cut into 8 pieces
- to taste Pepper
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoon(s) Parsley, fresh
- 1/4 cup(s) Dry white wine
- 2 tablespoon(s) Blanched almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) Water
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a heavy, ovenproof skillet. Lightly brown chicken on all sides.
- Add the onion and saut; until translucent. Add the parsley, ginger, saffron, cumin, and nutmeg. Stir in the stock and wine, cover, and simmer for 40 minutes.
- In a small skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil and lightly brown the almonds over medium heat. Add the honey and water; reduce most of the liquid.
- Mix sauce with chicken, cover, and cook for about 5 more minutes. Season with salt to taste.