RECIPE TITLE "Spanish Baked Flounder"
Author: Charleston Seafood
25 mins easy
- 2 lbs. flounder fillets
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs. parsley
- 1/2 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs. white wine
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tbs. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. marjoram
- 2 tbs. butter or margarine
- Place fish fillets in a non-stick or greased baking dish.
- Arrange tomato and cucumber slices on top.
- In a saucepan, cook onion, green pepper, and minced garlic in butter until onion is tender, but not brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in parsley, wine, lemon juice, and marjoram.
- Spoon over fish.
- Bake in 375°F oven for about 25 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve with wild rice.
Delicioso!: The Regional Cooking of Spain Spain might seem like neighboring suburbs thanks to this author's wonderful culinary introduction to each of Spain's seven regions. Sidebars delight and inform about such topics as the saltiness of salt cod, the anonymity of Spanish sherry wine vinegar, the diversity of gazpacho, and the versatility of the tortilla-cum-potato omelet. Readers will find more than 400 simple but authentic dishes to re-create.