RECIPE TITLE "Spanish Tapa Salad"
Author: Charleston Seafood
25 mins easy
- 24 mussels
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 medium clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 limes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup each red and yellow pepper, finely diced
- 2 tbsp. fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Place wine, oil, garlic and thyme in a large pot, cover with mussels and steam until shells open, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from broth and set aside, discarding any with unopened shells
- While cooking, quarter one lime. Remove strips of zest from the other, and juice.
- Strain broth through a coffee filter.
- Over high heat reduce broth to 1/4 cup.
- Add 1 tsp. lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Discard top shell from each mussel and place them on serving plates.
- Drizzle a little broth over each, sprinkle with diced peppers and coriander.
- Use lime or lemon zest and coriander leaves as a garnish and serve with lime zest.
Delicioso!: The Regional Cooking of Spain Spain might seem like neighboring suburbs thanks to this author's wonderful culinary introduction to each of Spain's seven regions. Sidebars delight and inform about such topics as the saltiness of salt cod, the anonymity of Spanish sherry wine vinegar, the diversity of gazpacho, and the versatility of the tortilla-cum-potato omelet. Readers will find more than 400 simple but authentic dishes to re-create.
© 1997-2009 IM, All rights Res. | Privacy | | | Home