RECIPE TITLE "Spaghetti
Meat Sauce" Author: Barbra
4 servings 1.5
2 large yellow onions;
4-6 cloves garlic;
salt, pepper to taste;
1/2 fresh mushrooms;
2 teaspoons butter;
32 oz tomato sauce;
1 beef, something
relatively inexpensive, like a sirloin tip roast, or top round thyme;
(1) Heat olive oil
in dutch oven or large skillet.
(2) Chop the onions and mince the garlic, add to pan and cook over medium
heat until onions become translucent. Do not burn the garlic.
(3) Slice the beef against the grain into slices. (This job will be much
easier if you put the meat into the freezer for an hour or so beforehand.)
(4) Add meat to garlic and onions and stir. Add about 1/2 teaspoon each
oregano, basil, thyme. Stir. Add a little more oil if necessary.
(5) When meat is not longer red (some pieces may still be pinkish), add
3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. (The vinegar tenderizes the meat,
and adds a rich, almost elusive flavor to the sauce.)
(6) Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
(7) Add tomato sauce. When the mixture begins to boil, reduce heat to a
simmer and leave it alone for about half an hour. Then taste it and adjust