RECIPE TITLE "Greek
Salad" Author: Gandalf
the Gray, Dallas, USA
serves 6 to 8 --
- 1 Head Iceberg
Lettuce (Romaine Lettuce can be Substituted or a mixture of both);
- 3 Medium
Tomatoes cut into wedges;
- 1 Medium Onion, Halved and thinly sliced;
- 1 Medium
Green Pepper, seeded and chopped;
- 1 Large Cucumber, peeled and sliced;
- 1 Cup Greek Black Olives;
- 1 Cup Pepperoncini Salad Peppers drained.
Lb Blue Cheese (Feta cheese can be substituted);
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil;
- 2 Tablespoons White Vinegar;
- 1 Pinch Oregano.
- Chill all the Vegetables,
Olives, Pepperoncini and Cheese.
- Combine the dressing
ingredients and chill as the salad is being prepared.
- When ready to serve,
reserving 5 or 6 slices of the Blue Cheese, toss all the Vegetables,
Olives, Pepperoncini, and the remaining Blue Cheese together in a large
mixing bowel, along with the Dressing.
- Top the salad with
the remaining 5 or 6 slices of Blue Cheese.
© 1997-2009 IM, All rights Res. | Privacy | | | Home