2 ounces dry shiitake mushrooms (about 4 cups)
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
* 1 clove garlic, pressed
* 1 tablespoon fresh basil or..
* 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
* 1 cup uncooked brown rice
* 1/4 tsp. hot sauce
* 2-1/2 cups boiling water
* 1-1/2 cups non-fat milk
* 1 tablespoon uncooked Cream of Rice cereal
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
* 1/4 pound medium shrimp, cooked (about 1 cup)
Soak mushrooms, stems down, in lukewarm water for 20 to 30 minutes. While mushrooms are soaking, heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat; add onion, garlic and basil and sauté, stirring frequently, until onion is soft. Add rice and stir to combine. Add the boiling water and mix well. Cover and cook until liquid is absorbed (30 to 40 minutes).
Drain mushrooms, and remove and discard stems. Slice caps into very thin strips and set aside.
Bring milk to a boil over medium heat. Add Cream of Rice, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese and hot sauce. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds; remove from heat, cover, and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Pour into a blender container and blend until smooth.
To cooked rice add reserved mushrooms, cheese mixture and shrimp; mix well.