RECIPE TITLE "Crawfish Stuffed Pork Chops With Crawfish Borderlaise Sauce"
by Emeril Lagasse
... more great recipes by Emeril Lagasse on our GREAT CHEFS page!
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup chopped yellow onions
2 tablespoons seeded and finely chopped red bell peppers
2 tablespoons seeded and finely chopped yellow bell peppers
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1 pound peeled crawfish tails
1/4 cup chopped green onions (scallions), green parts only
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
1 large egg
1/2 cup dried fine white bread crumbs
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
8 to 10 double-cut pork loin chops, 2 1/2 to 3 inches thick, 14 to 16 ounces each
4 to 5 teaspoons Creole Seasoning
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Crawfish Bordelaise Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400:F.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a medium-size sauti pan and add the onions, bell peppers, salt, and cayenne. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the crawfish tails and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Add the green onions, garlic, and parsley and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Pour the mixture into a medium-size mixing bowl and let cool for about 2 minutes. Add the egg, bread crumbs, and cheese and mix well. Set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket into the side of each pork chop about 1 3/4 inches deep and 3 inches long. Season each chop, on the outside and in the pocket, with about 1/2 teaspoon of the Creole seasoning. Stuff each chop with 1/4 cup of the crawfish mixture. Press the filling firmly into the pockets.
- Heat 1/4 cup of the vegetable oil in each of two large skillets over medium-high heat. Sear the chops for 6 minutes on the first side, being careful not to char them. The color should be a little darker than golden. Turn them over and sear the other side for 4 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper and set the chops on the paper. Roast about 15 minutes for medium (145 to 150:F on an instant meat thermometer). Remove from the oven and let stand about 5 minutes before serving with the bordelaise sauce poured over each chop.
Emerilware by Wusthof 2-Pc Santoku Set w/ BONUS Sharpener
World-famous chef Emeril Lagasse has partnered up with world-class knife maker Wusthof to bring you knives that are a cut above the rest. This Santoku, which comes with a utility knife, is absolutely essential for every kitchen. While usability, quality and design of the knife are important, so is comfort. Introduce this set to your kitchen today and receive a BONUS Sharpener! Includes:
High carbon rust free steel
Ergonomic handles designed to fit in the hand
Lifetime warranty against workmanship defects
Quality made in Solingen - Germany
Since 1814, the Trident factory in Solingen has been a manufacturing facility for superb cutlery. It is currently under the leadership of the 6th and 7th generations of the Wusthof family, Messes, Wolfgang and Harald Wusthof.
The Wusthof specialty is the creation of precision forged knives for professional chefs and hobby cooks alike. Originally, highly skilled craftsmen established the reputation for quality. Today, this tradition continues, supported by leading edge technology and robotics. Worldwide, Wusthof knives are appreciated for their precision and benchmark quality.
Emeril Professional Batter Bowls Set of 3 - Adobe Clay
When you're cooking for company, beautiful presentation can make the difference between a meal that is ordinary and one that's extraordinary. With Emeril Lagasse it's all about the quality. The quality of the food, how each entree is prepared, the quality of the ingredients and how it's presented.
1.5 Quart: 8.75'' diameter
2.5 Quart: 10.75'' diameter
4.5 Quart: 12.75'' diameter
Highly durable and chip resistant
Conventional oven safe to 450 degrees