1/8 teaspoon(s) Caraway seed
1 ounce(s) Dried boletus mushrooms
2 pound(s) Sauerkraut, rinsed and well-dried
3 tablespoon(s) Vegetable oil or butter
1 Large onion, diced
1 Medium tomato, chopped
1 cup(s) White wine
to taste Pepper
2 tablespoon(s) Flour
Sugar, if necessary a pinch
1. Soak mushrooms in ; cup warm water for 30 minutes. Drain and
chop; reserve soaking water.
2. Heat butter or oil. Saut; onion, add chopped mushrooms and tomato
and continue saut;ing until onions are translucent.
3. Add the sauerkraut, wine, stock, reserved mushroom water, caraway
seed, and pepper; bring to a simmer.
4. Sprinkle flour over top (this will thicken it) and stir in well.
5. Simmer covered, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes. Finish with
a pinch of sugar, to taste.