1. Peel, pit, and cut peaches into 1/2-inch-thick slices. You
should have 7 to 8 cups fruit.
2. In a large bowl, gently mix peaches with cherries, sugar, tapioca,
lemon juice, nutmeg, and almond extract.
3. Unfold 1 pastry round and ease evenly into a 9-inch pie pan.
Fill pastry with fruit mixture.
4. Unfold remaining pastry round on a lightly floured board. Roll
pastry evenly to make a 13-inch round.
5. Center pastry over fruit. Fold top edges of pastry over rim
of bottom pastry; flute edges and slash top decoratively. Set pie
on a foil-lined baking sheet.
6. Bake in a 375° oven until juices bubble near center, 1 to
1 1/4 hours. If pastry edges get too dark, lightly cover with foil.
Filling firms as pie cools; let stand at least 2 or up to 8 hours
before cutting into wedges.
NUTRITION PER SERVING
CALORIES 408(33% from fat); FAT 15g (sat 6g); PROTEIN 3.2g; CHOLESTEROL
14mg; SODIUM 285mg; FIBER 2.7g; CARBOHYDRATE 67g