1. Rinse Fuyu persimmons. Trim and discard stem ends. Slice persimmons
crosswise into thin rounds; you should have 8 cups.
2. In a large bowl, combine persimmons, granulated sugar, brown
sugar, tapioca, cinnamon, orange peel, lemon peel, and lemon juice;
stir gently to blend.
3. Fit 1 pastry round into a 9-inch pie pan. Pour in persimmon
mixture and dot with butter.
4. Lay remaining pastry round over fruit. Fold pastry edges together
and crimp to seal. Cut decorative slits in top pastry.
5. Bake on the lowest rack in a 375° oven until juices bubble
in center of pie and pastry is well browned, about 1 hour. If pastry
edges brown before pie is done, drape dark areas with foil. Cool
pie on a rack. Serve at room temperature.
NUTRITION PER SERVING
CALORIES 424(32% from fat); FAT 15g (sat 6g); PROTEIN 2.5g; CHOLESTEROL
16mg; SODIUM 268mg; FIBER 0.0g; CARBOHYDRATE 74g