1. In a food processor, whirl walnuts, pine nuts, and 1/2 cup sugar
until nuts are coarsely ground. Pour into a 9-inch tart pan with
removable rim. In a 2-cup glass measure, melt 1/4 cup butter in
a microwave oven at full power (100%), 20 to 30 seconds. Add melted
butter to nut mixture and rub in with your fingers to blend. Press
mixture evenly over bottom and up sides of pan. Set pan on a foil-lined
12- by 15-inch baking sheet.
2. Bake in a 325° regular or convection oven until crust begins
to brown around edges, 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, chop half the chocolate into 1/2-inch chunks and
set aside. Finely chop remaining chocolate.
4. In the glass measure, combine remaining 1/4 cup butter, cut
into small pieces, with finely chopped chocolate. Heat in a microwave
oven at half power (50%) until chocolate is soft, 30 to 45 seconds.
Stir until mixture is smooth.
5. In a bowl with a mixer on high speed, beat egg yolks, remaining
3 tablespoons sugar, cognac, and almond extract until mixture turns
pale yellow, about 3 minutes. Add chocolate-butter mixture and beat
to blend. Stir in coarsely chopped chocolate. Scrape into warm nut
6. Bake in a 325° regular or convection oven until filling
barely jiggles when pan is gently shaken, about 15 minutes. Set
on a rack until warm or cool.
7. To serve, remove rim; dust tart lightly with cocoa and cut into
NUTRITION PER SERVING
CALORIES 448(72% from fat); FAT 36g (sat 13g); PROTEIN 8.7g; CHOLESTEROL
152mg; SODIUM 100mg; FIBER 2.8g; CARBOHYDRATE 32g