RECIPE TITLE "Chicken Fajitas"
Recipe from 500 (Practically) Fat-Free One-Pot Recipes, copyright © 1999 by by Sarah Schlesinger, All rights reserved.
Yield: 6 servings Preparation Time: 15 minutes plus 2 hours marinating time * Cooking Time: 17 minutes
- 6 tablespoons low-sodium nonfat
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cored chicken broth and cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cored
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin and cut into thin strips
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast
- 2 cloves garlic, minced tenderloins, about 4 ounces each,
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper cut into thin strips
- 6 8-inch corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored and cut into thin strips
1. Combine 2 tablespoons broth, lime juice, cumin, and cayenne pepper in a glass bowl. Add chicken, coat with the marinade, cover, and allow to stand in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons broth in a wok. Add chicken and stirfry until no longer pink, about 8 minutes. Remove and set aside.
3. Heat remaining broth in the wok. Add bell peppers, onion, and garlic, and stirfry until vegetables begin to soften, about 4 minutes. Return chicken to the wok, sprinkle with black pepper, and stir until all ingredients are heated through, about 1 more minute.
4. Serve with corn tortillas for wrapping.
Calories Per Serving: 154 Carbohydrates: 16 g Fat: 1 g Dietary Fiber: 1 g Cholesterol: 47 mg Sodium: 89 mg Protein: 20 g
|Healthy Cooking for Two (or Just You): Low-Fat Recipes with Half the Fuss and Double the Taste
* More than 200 creative, low-fat recipes for today's smaller households
* Unique two-column recipe format for hassle-free preparation
* Tips on shopping for one or two, and streamlining your kitchen
* Full nutrient analysis with every recipe
* Special chapter of delicious, no-fuss menus
* Plenty of 30-minute recipes-- plus meatless meals, divine desserts, tip-packed boxes and more
Click here to buy
|The Food You Crave: Luscious Recipes for a Healthy Life
Do you think that healthy food couldn't possibly taste good? Does the idea of "eating healthy" conjure up images of roughage and steamed vegetables? Author Ellie Krieger, host of Food Network's Healthy Appetite, will change all that. A registered dietitian, Ellie is also a lover and proponent of good, fresh food, simply but deliciously prepared. And she's not about denial--no nonfat foods here, because when you take the fat out of natural foods, in go the chemicals. Don't deny yourself butter--use a pat of it, but put it front and center on those mashed potatoes, so you can revel in it with all your senses. The Food You Crave is all you'll need to change the way you eat and change the way you feel. It contains 200 recipes that cover every meal of the day and every craving you might have. Every recipe contains a complete nutritional breakdown, as well as tips on ingredients and techniques that will keep you eating smart and eating well.
Click here to buy
|The Most Decadent Diet Ever!: The cookbook that reveals the secrets to cooking your favorites in a healthier way
Devin Alexander, author of the New York Times bestseller, The Biggest Loser Cookbook, lets you have your cake and lose weight, too, with sinfully tempting — yet amazingly healthy — recipes for America’s all-time favorite foods.
Chef and former L.A. caterer Devin Alexander has maintained a fifty-five-pound weight loss for over sixteen years by transforming the dishes she and millions of other Americans love best into guilt-free (yet still outrageously mouth-watering) indulgences--Rigatoni with Meat Sauce, BBQ Bacon Cheeseburgers, Eggplant Parmesan, Sinless Yet Sinful Sticky Buns, and even Dark Chocolate Layer Cake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.
These simple-to-prepare recipes for the kind of delectable dishes people crave but feel they can’t eat when trying to be healthy and trim, actually can be the basis of a personal weight-loss plan. They can also be a way to add “off-limit” foods back into an already successful diet. Or they can simply be part of an exciting new way to eat healthfully — and with pleasure.
In The Most Decadent Diet Ever! Devin Alexander proves that even the most decadent dishes — Chipotle Chili with Blue Cheese Crumbles, "Fried" Jumbo Shrimp, Super-Stuffed Steak Soft Tacos, Fettu-Skinny Alfredo, Godiva Brownie Sundaes, and Chocolate Chip Pancakes — can lead to weight loss, good health, and carefree enjoyment.
Click here to buy
|American Heart Association Low-Salt Cookbook, 3rd Edition: A Complete Guide to Reducing Sodium and Fat in Your Diet (AHA, American Heart Association Low-Salt Cookbook)
This revised and expanded third edition of the American Heart Association Low-Salt Cookbook is an indispensable resource for sodium-watchers.
The statistics are in—65 million Americans have high blood pressure, and nearly 5 million suffer from congestive heart failure. Whether you have these health problems now or want to avoid having them in the future, keeping your sodium intake low is one of the best ways to help your heart.
The human body requires sodium to function properly, but if you are like most other Americans, you consume about ten times more than you need. If that’s because you think low-sodium food means low flavor, think again! The American Heart Association shows here that a low-salt diet is not only good for you but delicious, too.
Encompassing everything from appetizers and soups to entrées and desserts, the American Heart Association Low-Salt Cookbook, 3rd Edition, is a wonderful collection of more than 200 scrumptious low-sodium recipes—50 of them brand-new to this edition. Whether you’re in the mood for a beloved classic dish or an up-to-the-minute future favorite, you’ll find just the thing to please your palate—and you’ll learn that shaking the salt habit is easier than ever before.
The American Heart Association knows that food is one of life’s great pleasures and that no one should have to sacrifice tasty meals for a healthful lifestyle. This new edition of one of its classic cookbooks is the perfect guide to making flavorful, satisfying low-sodium food. With the latest dietary information and tips on substituting ingredients, avoiding hidden sodium, and dining out, the American Heart Association Low-Salt Cookbook, 3rd Edition, will help you follow a low-sodium diet—and thoroughly enjoy it.
Click here to buy
| 1,000 Gluten-Free Recipes
It's like getting 5 cookbooks in 1!
172 reakfast Dishes, Muffins, and Breads 75 andwiches, Salads, and Soups 106 asta, Grain, Bean, and Vegetable Dishes 205 ain Courses 377 ookies, Cakes, Pies, and Other Desserts And Much More!
Go gluten-free with ease! For the best all-purpose gluten-free cookbook, look no further. Inside, you'll find delicious gluten-free versions of foods you crave-including muffins, breads, pizzas, pastas, casseroles, cookies, bars, cakes, and pies. You'll also discover hundreds of recipes for all-American favorites, flavorful international dishes, and sophisticated special-occasion fare. It's everything you need to serve satisfying gluten-free meals 365 days a year!
Click here to buy