RECIPE TITLE "Irish Cream Cheesecake" courtesy of The Library Of E-Cookbooks
Copyright © 2005 by e-cookbooks.net All Rights Reserved.
e-cookbooks.net is a Division of VJJE Publishing Co.
Yield: 4 servings ---- moderate
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons bourbon (or substitute 2 tbs. cold coffee)
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and margarine.
- Press onto
bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Soften gelatin in water, stir over
low heat until dissolved.
- Blend in 3/4 cup sugar and beaten egg yolks;
cook stirring constantly, over low heat, 3 minutes.
- Combine cream
cheese and cocoa, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well
- Gradually add the gelatin mixture and bourbon, mixing until
- Chill until thickened, but not set.
- Beat the egg whites
until foamy; gradually adding the remaining sugar, beating until stiff
- Fold egg whites and whipped cream into cheese mixture and
pour over crust.
- Chill until firm.