RECIPE TITLE "Irish Soda Bread" courtesy of The Library Of E-Cookbooks
Copyright © 2005 by e-cookbooks.net All Rights Reserved.
e-cookbooks.net is a Division of VJJE Publishing Co.
Yield: 4 servings ---- moderate
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease a cast iron skillet.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and sugar.
- Toss the raisins with the flour mixture until coated.
- Make a well in
the center and add the egg, buttermilk, and melted margarine.
until all of the dry ingredients are absorbed.
- Turn the dough out
onto a floured surface and knead for a few quick turns just to even
out the dough. Handle the dough as little as possible.
- Pat into a
flat circle, and place into the prepared pan.
- Bake the bread for 40 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until
the edges are golden.