RECIPE TITLE "Irish Lamb Stew" courtesy of The Library Of E-Cookbooks
Copyright © 2005 by e-cookbooks.net All Rights Reserved.
e-cookbooks.net is a Division of VJJE Publishing Co.
Yield: 4 servings ---- moderate
- 2 lbs. boned lamb, sliced, 1/4 inch slices (leave a little fat)
- 2 lbs. peeled potatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 large onions, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, each layer to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup flat beer
- Additional chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 275F.
- Layer the potatoes, meat and onions in a large
casserole, starting and finishing with a layer of potatoes.
each layer with salt, pepper, parsley and thyme.
- Add water and beer;
- Cook in preheated oven for 2 1/2 hours; shake
occasionally to prevent sticking, and check liquid now and then.
not addwater unless absolutely necessary. The potatoes will thicken the
finished stew so it should not be too runny.
- Just before serving, remove lid and brown the top under a hot
broiler and sprinkle with additional parsley.
- The potatoes on top
should be brown and crisp.