RECIPE TITLE "Irish Chicken and Dumplings" courtesy of The Library Of E-Cookbooks
Copyright © 2005 by e-cookbooks.net All Rights Reserved.
e-cookbooks.net is a Division of VJJE Publishing Co.
Yield: 4 servings ---- moderate
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 onions, quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 5 carrots, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas
- 4 potatoes, quartered
- 3 cups baking mix
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- In large, heavy pot, combine soup, water, chicken, celery, onion,
salt, poultry seasoning, and pepper. Cover and cook over low heat
about 1 1/2 hours.
- Add potatoes and carrots; cover and cook another 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pot, shred it, and return to pot.
- Add peas and cook only
5 minutes longer.
- Add dumplings.
To make dumplings:
- Mix baking mix and milk until a
soft dough forms.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto BOILING stew.
covered for 10 minutes, then uncover and simmer an additional