1. To prepare the jam, combine the pineapple, mango, sugar, and wine in a saucepan over high heat.
2. Bring to a boil, decrease the heat to low, and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes, until thick and reduced by half.
3. To prepare the shrimp, place half of the shrimp in a food processor and chop to a fine mince.
4. Add the remaining shrimp, pork, bacon, water chestnuts, noodles, salt, sugar, fish sauce, rice powder, and garlic oil. Process the mixture until it is pasty but the shrimp is still a little chunky.
5. Moisten your hands with water and shape about ¼ cup of the shrimp mixture in a flat mound around the center of a sugar cane stick. Repeat until all the mixture and sugar cane pieces have been used.
6. Pour oil into a wok to a depth of 3 to 4 inches. Heat the oil over high heat.
7. When oil is hot, decrease the heat to medium-high and slide in 2 or 3 of the shrimp sticks. Fry for 3 to 5 minutes, turning, until golden brown. Transfer to paper towels to drain any excess oil. Repeat with the remaining sticks.
8. Line a serving platter with the lettuce leaves. Arrange the shrimp sticks on the leaves and serve immediately with the jam alongside
Once you have shaped the shrimp mixture onto the sugar cane sticks, they can be refrigerated, covered, for several hours before frying.