"German Meatloaf" Author: Lhadley for our newsletter
- 1/2 lb Ground Beef Lean
- 1/2 lb Ground Pork Lean
- 1 md Onion Chopped
- 3 tb Bread Crumbs
- 3 tb Water Cold
- 2 lg Eggs
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1 ts Paprika
- 1 ts Mustard Prepared
- 2 tb Parsley Chopped
- 3 Hard Cooked Eggs Peeled
- 4 Bacon Strips
- 4 tb Vegetable Oil
- 1 c Beef Broth
- 1/4 c Water Hot
- 1 ts Cornstarch
- 1/4 c Water
- 1/2 c Sour Cream
- Thoroughly mix ground meats, onion, bread crumbs, 3 T cold water,
- Flavor with salt, praprika, mustard, and parsley.
- Blend ingredients thoroughly.
- Flatten out meat mixture in the shape of a square, (8 X 8-inches).
Arrange whole hard-boiled eggs in a row along the middle of the
- Fold sides of meat pattie over the eggs. Shape meat carefully
into a loaf resembling a flat bread loaf.
- Occasionally rinse hands in cold water to prevent sticking.
- Cube 2 strips bacon; cook in a Dutch oven about 2 minutes.
- Carefully add the vegetable oil; heat. Place meatloaf in the
Dutch oven and cook until browned on all sides.
- Cut remaining bacon strips in half and arrange over the top
of the meatloaf. Place uncovered Dutch oven in a preheated oven
for about 45 minutes.
- While meat is baking, gradually pour hot beef broth over the
top of the meatloaf; brush occasionally with pan drippings.
- When done remove meat to a preheated platter and keep it warm.
Add 1/4 cup of hot water to pan and scrape all particles from
- Bring to a gentle boil and add cornstarch that has been mixed
with 1/4 cup water. Cook until bubbly and thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Reheat to warm. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Serve
the sauce separately.
© 1997-2009 IM, All rights Res. | Privacy | | | Home