RECIPE TITLE "Panhandle Breakfast Casserole" Author: Aunt
- 1 lb. lean sausage,
- 3 cans green chilies (4 oz.) each drained,
- 1 lb. cheddar cheese, grated,
- 1 1/4 lb. Monterey Jack cheese, grated,
- 9 eggs, beaten,
- 1 cup milk,
- 2 Tbsp. flour.
- Brown sausage and drain between paper towels.
- Layer sausage with cheeses and chilies in a 9" x 13" glass baking
- Combine eggs, milk, and flour until well blended. (Blender makes
this step easier)
- Pour liquid over layered mixture.
- For a festive brunch, decorate top with strips of green chilies
in a lattice design. Sprinkle with paprika and bake at 350 degrees
for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
PS: Great for a Sunday Brunch !!
California Pizza Kitchen Pasta Salads Soups and Sides
Pizza Kitchen cofounders Larry Flax and Rick Rosenfield contend that their
restaurant chain would never have reached the heights of success it has
if they didn't know how to listen to their customers, and one thing their
customers have told them is that while they love pizza, sometimes they're
in the mood for pasta, a hearty soup, a nice light salad, or an indulgent
dessert. So over the years they've expanded their menu, and now they find
that some of their most popular dishes -- and most-requested recipes --
are the favorite non-pizza dishes they've collected in their new book,
CALIFORNIA PIZZA KITCHEN PASTA, SALAD, SOUPS, AND SIDES. Flax and Rosenfield
also attribute their success to their hardworking and talented staff, the
people who work in each restaurant. These employees offer introductions
to most of the recipes, as well as the accompanying preparation and serving
tips. Flax and Rosenfield have pledged to donate all royalties from the
sale of the book to charities nationwide. So fans of this robust, flavorful,
fusion-friendly food can not only enjoy it at home -- they can do so in