1. Season the duck inside and out with salt and pepper. In a medium
bowl, combine the Hoisin-Lime Sauce and the wine. Rub the duck generously
with the mixture inside and out, and marinate in the mixture, refrigerated,
for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
2. Place a roasting pan in the oven and preheat the oven to 375
3. Combine the onions and potatoes in a large bowl. Season with
salt and pepper, and toss.
4. Open the oven and carefully spray the roasting pan with nonstick
cooking spray. Place one potato wedge in the pan. The potato should
sizzle; if not, remove it and continue to heat the pan. When the
pan is very hot, add the potato mixture to the pan and place the
duck on top, breast side up. Turn the pan back to front and roast
until the duck is brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Tent the duck with foil
andcontinue to roast until the duck is cooked through, or the legs
are easily moved, 30 to 35 minutes more. Transfer the duck to a
cutting board and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Using a flat spatula, loosen the potato mixture from the pan
and transfer to the center of a platter. Place the whole duck on
the potatoes, breast side up, and carve at table. You may also carve
the duck before serving, separating the leg-thighs from the wings,
and slicing the breast.