RECIPE TITLE "Chicken Portobello Mushroom Enchiladas with Pineapple Chipotle Salsa"
courtesy of StonewallKitchen.com
serves 4-6 --- moderate
* 10 soft corn tortillas
* 3 cups chicken broth
* 4 pieces boneless skinless chicken breast
* 3 cloves garlic, whole
* 1 Tbsp. whole peppercorns
* 1 - 12 oz. jar roasted red peppers, diced
* 3 medium Portobello mushrooms, sliced 1/4” thick and sautéed until tender
* 6 scallions, sliced, plus 2 for garnish
* 1 cup fresh chopped cilantro plus 1/4 cup for garnish
* 1 small can green chilies, diced
* 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Pineapple Chipotle Salsa
* 1 - 10 oz. can Enchilada Sauce
* 8 oz. Pepper Jack or Cheddar Cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
2. Wrap corn tortillas in foil and warm in the oven.
3. In a large saucepan bring broth to a boil; add chicken breasts, garlic cloves and peppercorns. With cover on bring to a boil then reduce heat.
4. Simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked and will shred easily (approximately 1 hour). Remove chicken from broth and shred with forks.
5. Combine shredded chicken with 1 cup of salsa, mushrooms, roasted red peppers, chilies, scallions, and cilantro.
6. Put 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce on the bottom of a casserole dish.
7. Remove tortillas from oven. Increase heat to 350 degrees.
8. Put some filling into each of the tortillas and roll. Place filled tortillas in casserole dish seam side down. Combine remaining salsa and enchilada sauce and spoon over enchiladas, top with cheese and bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbling.
9. Garnish with sour cream, chives and cilantro.
Add a twist to this recipe: Try using 1 jar of Stonewall Kitchen Maple Chipotle Grille Sauce with the chicken broth in place of only garlic and peppercorns.
| The Best Chicken Recipes
Would you roast 40 chickens to find a simple, foolproof method that results in perfectly cooked meat and beautifully browned skin every time? We did. Here are 300 exhaustively tested recipes for America's favorite main course.
Chicken is the go-to main course for most Americans, but the same old recipes featuring bland, dry chicken are all too often the norm - resulting in a collective sigh around the dinner table. The Best Chicken Recipes offers 300 foolproof ideas for cooking chicken right - and making dinner interesting again. Whether you're looking for a never-fail recipe for Simple Roast Chicken, classics with a modern twist (Chicken Salad with Fennel, Lemon, and Parmesan or Braised Chicken with Leeks and Saffron), or something entirely new to incorporate into your repertoire (Chicken Tagine or Firecracker Chicken, anyone?), you'll find it all here. In addition, we offer recipes to fit just about any season, occasion, and lifestyle, all divided into easy-to-navigate chapters for easy reference. Our information-packed primer shows you how to take the guesswork out of knowing when a chicken is done and provides tips for boosting flavor, as well as detailed instructions for basic butchering and carving techniques. Whether you're entertaining a group or cooking for two, are health conscious or time-crunched - we've got you covered. With this book in your kitchen, no one will ever be late to dinner again. More info
|Cooking Light Cook's Essential Recipe Collection -- Chicken: 58 essential recipes to eat smart, be fit, live well
Cooking Light fans will have something to cluck about with this handsome edition of Essentials Recipe Collection series. It’s destined to be drooled over as much for its superb visual appeal and readability as it is for the dozens of fresh recipes. All have been kitchen-tested at least twice, often more, to guarantee the "yum" factor. This new collection reflects the fundamental essence of Cooking Light magazine: good taste, good food, and healthy living.
Launched in 1987, Cooking Light is America’s favorite food magazine. Every month, more than 11 million readers turn to it for the freshest ideas in food and fitness to help them eat smart, be fit, and live well. More info
|Betty Crocker's Best Chicken Cookbook
Roasted to a turn, fried to a crisp, tucked into soups, stews and stir-fries or a savory pot pie, curried, creamed, stuffed or barbecued -- here is chicken for every pot! Betty Crocker's Best Chicken Cookbook is packed with over 110 recipes so chicken will never become routine, including recipes for soul-satisfying soups and stews; filling salads and sandwiches; snappy stir-fries and skillet meals; as well as moist and tender baked and roasted chicken. Betty knows what consumers want, so there's an entire chapter of Super Express recipes for meals that can be made in 30 minutes or less to make mealtime a snap. Every recipe has fresh ideas for fabulous flavor variations, low-fat alternatives, easy dress-up suggestions, or cutting down your cooking time. This book is also jam-packed with beautiful photos throughout to tempt your tastebuds every step of the way, and includes a wide range of helpful information, from poultry shopping tips to foolproof carving guides for chicken and turkey. Learn how to cut up a whole chicken, step-by-step instructions for deboning and flattening breasts, the best ways to poach and microwave chicken, and an indispensable grilling chart. Check out the all-new section with handy advice on how to keep your chicken moist, plus the most up-to-date information concerning safety issues related to poultry. More info
|The Big Book of Chicken: Over 300 Exciting Ways to Cook Chicken (Big Book (Chronicle Books))
Whether it's roasted, fried, grilled, broiled, braised, saut ed, or baked, chicken is always delicious. Maryana Vollstedt has created a new addition to Chronicle's best-selling Big Book series with this glorious homage to everyone's favorite fowl. The tremendous variety of ideas ranges from creative recipes like Pomegranate-Molasses Chicken Drummettes and Chipotle Cheddar Chicken Corn Chowder to comforting favorites like Chicken Marsala and Old-Fashioned Fried Chicken. Every recipe is simple to follow with lots of helpful tips on identifying parts of the chicken, cutting up and storing it, and safe preparation techniques. With more than 275 recipes inspired from cuisines around the world, this big book serves up everything there is to know about chicken. More info