RECIPE TITLE "Picnic Fried Chicken" Author: Maureene
- 1 c Buttermilk,
- 1 tb Pepper,
- 2 lb Chicken pieces,
- 1/2 c Flour,
- Oil for frying
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 375F.
- Combine buttermilk and pepper in ceramic bowl or baking dish.
- Remove skin from chicken and place chicken in buttermilk.
- Cover and refrigerate 3 hours, turning once.
- Place flour on plate. Remove chicken from buttermilk, pat dry and dredge in flour.
- Fill large, heavy skillet with 1-inch oil. When hot, add chicken without crowding and fry, turning once, until golden on both sides. You may have to fry in batches.
- Remove pieces as they are done and drain on paper towels.
- Arrange chicken on rack in roasting pan.
- Bake 10-to-15 minutes or until chicken is well done.
- Let chicken cool to room temperature before refrigerating or packing into picnic hamper.