RECIPE TITLE "Pizza Bread" Author: Recipes.it
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 t. garlic powder
- t. active dry yeast
- 1/4 t. Italian
- 2 T. warm water (105 F) 1/2 t. dried leaf oregano, crushed
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 2 T. grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 T. sugar 1/4
cup finely chopped Pepperoni
- 1 t. salt 2-1/2 cups to
- 3 cups all-purpose
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 t. butter or margarine, melted
- 2 T. butter
or margarine, melted
- In a small saucepan, heat milk almost to a boil over medium
heat. DO NOT BOIL.
- Set aside to cool for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, sprinkle
yeast over water. Set aside to soften 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine sourdough starter, cooled milk and
softened yeast mixture. Add sugar, salt, egg, 2 T. butter or margarine,
garlic powder, Italian seasoning, oregano, Parmesan Cheese and
- Constantly scraping side of bowl, beat 3 minutes by hand. Stir
in flour 1/2 cup at a time until dough begins to leave side of
bowl. I usually use 2-1/2 cups of flour.
- Cove with a cloth and set in a warm place free from drafts.
Let rise about an hour or until doubled in size. Grease a 9"
x 5" loaf pan. Stir down dough.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan. Brush top with melted butter
- Cover with a cloth and set in a warm place.
- Let rise 1 to 2 hours or until doubled in size. Preheat oven
to 375 F.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown. Turn out a pan. Cool
top side up on a rack.
- Serve hot or cold. Makes 1 loaf. Very good hot with butter on
it. Serve with a salad and it makes a meal!!!
Stonewall Kitchen Glazed Terracotta Bakeware These are the bowls you’ll reach for time after time for hot or cold dips, casseroles, soups and so much more. Made from Mexican terracotta which conducts heat exceptionally well and is non-reactive to foods. Glazed in an exclusive midnight blue color. Dishwasher, microwave and oven safe. Bowl, 5 1/4" dia. x 2 3/4”H, 3-cup capacity, Set of 4; Large Baking Dish, 8" dia., 1 3/4"H, 3 1/2 cup capacity, Set of 4; Small Baking Dish, 4 7/8" dia., 1 1/4"H, 8 oz. Capacity, Set of 4; Ramekin, 4 1/8" x 2"H, 8 oz. Capacity, Set of 4; and Casserole Dish, 7 1/4" dia., 3 3/4"H, 2 qt. Capacity.
Cheddar Herb Biscuit Mix
Light, fluffy and golden brown, these biscuits are made with chives and Cheddar cheese for a sensational savory treat. Serve with chili or chowder, or use to make sandwiches. Easy to make, these are flavorful and satisfying.
Mini Muffin Pan Have fun making miniature muffins and cupcakes with this non-stick pan. Makes 24 muffins.
Small Bundt Pans These traditional, 14th century German design bundt pans have been used for generations to make beautiful bundt cakes. Made from cast aluminum, each size is ideal for dessert for two. Make three beautiful bundt cakes using our Chocolate, Lemon or Vanilla mixes. One mix will make three individual cakes.
Stonewall Kitchen Cranberry Coffee Cake Mix Tart cranberries add flavor, texture and color to our traditional coffee cake. Can be easily made with just a few ingredients from your cupboard.
Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread Mix Enjoy this easy to make mix as French toast, top with ice cream and our Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce, or even with any of your favorite Stonewall Kitchen Jams or Fruit Butters.